Sunday, January 16, 2022

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all my readers - and welcome to the first post of the year.

A reminder that this Blog is for anyone who is a Hiley (or Highley), or who is related to one, or who has an interest in family history and genealogy. I would be pleased to include anything that others would like to contribute, either about Hileys or about a related topic.

My own Hiley ancestors originated in the Upper Calder Valley just west of Halifax. The Blog has now been running for three years and most of the people and places featured so far are associated with these 'Yorkshire Hileys'.

But there are Hiley and Highley families who are not related to the Yorkshire Hileys. One of the themes of this year's Blog will be to look at some of these other families and find out about some of the people in them.

I will continue with the occasional series of posts on:
Notable Hileys
Hileys/Highleys killed in WW1
Families connected with my own Hiley line

and particularly for my own family:
The life and reminiscences of Henry Hiley

A few reminders

You can contact me directly at christopherhiley@hotmail.com.
Click on an image in a post to magnify it.
Use the 'Search this Blog' feature to search for a particular name or post.
Let me know if you want to include an article, send a photo, have a suggestion, or if you have a comment on one of my posts.

Part of the area of Castle in Todmorden with Cross Stone church in the background
This is the area where James and Martha Highley first lived after they moved west
 along the Calder valley from Warley 

No comments:

Post a Comment